- Category: August 2015 - Security
Acronis, a global leader in new generation data protection, just announced the release of Acronis True Image Cloud and Acronis True Image 2016.
Powered by the AnyData Engine and set apart by its image technology, Acronis delivers easy, complete and safe file access and sharing, as well as backup and recovery of all files and entire systems across any environment—virtual, physical, cloud and mobile.
Acronis True Image Cloud solves today's biggest backup pains in one go
The new Acronis True Image Cloud provides complete protection both locally and in the cloud – including pictures, videos, documents, applications, passwords, settings, contacts, events, and an entire computer. It features multi-device and new mobile device support – including Android, iPhone, and iPad devices and Windows tablets – a new easy-to-use online dashboard that lets users manage all devices from a single place, unlimited cloud storage, and new personal archiving.
Acronis True Image Cloud provides complete protection against data loss disasters and mishaps, including accidental file deletions and user errors, as well as damaged devices, loss and theft.
In summary, it makes it easier than ever to:
• Protect all devices – PCs, Macs and newly expanded support for Android, iPhone, and iPad devices, and Windows tablets, extends protection to the world's most popular computers, laptops, and mobile devices in use today.
• Manage multiple device backups in one place – new online dashboard is an easy-to-use management console that allows a single user to manage the backup and recovery of multiple devices from one place – with the ability to access it from any device and location via a web browser.
• Store and archive data in the cloud– unlimited cloud space and the new personal archiving capability for moving large and rarely used files to the secure Acronis Cloud makes sure that users never run out of storage, while freeing-up hard drives to keep computers running smoothly. Users can access and view archived files from any device and can archive data by type and size.
Acronis’ image backup technology simply protects kind of everything
Powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine – a set of powerful data protection technologies that capture, store, recover, control, and access any data from any location – the award-winning Acronis True Image features full image technology that ensures users never lose data by protecting everything with the ability to restore only what is needed – from a single lost file to an entire computer.
The new Acronis True Image features the following technology benefits:
• Speed – Saves time with the fastest backup and restore in the industry both locally and in the cloud – up to 50% faster than the competition.
• Safety, security, privacy – Ensures that data is always secure with a user-defined private key that uses AES-256 encryption and secure communication channels, securing data in transit and in the cloud. Only the owner of data can access and manage data protected in the Acronis Cloud, using a password.
• Flexible storage options - Backup data to multiple sources and destinations, including a local drive, external drive, local or remote network, and the Acronis Cloud, as well as 3rd party cloud storage destinations available through local file system integration. Different backup plans may be setup for full system backup, specific files and/or folders.
• Optimized for Windows 10 and the most recent Mac OS X operating systems – Always stay up to date and compatible with the latest operating systems. Also includes support for Master Boot Record (MBR) and GUID Partition Table (GPT), BIOS and Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI), and WIMBoot.
• Real-time release updates – Get the latest technology updates with a cloud subscription model that ensures users get immediate access to every new release.
"The new Acronis True Image combines the most advanced technology for backup with an extremely easy and intuitive user experience to provide complete data protection – from pictures, videos and precious personal information to applications and entire computer systems," said Serguei Beloussov, Co-Founder and CEO at Acronis. "It's the only solution on the market that gives users complete freedom to protect their data anywhere – in the cloud, locally or a mix of both – on any device."
Currently available for local-only backup and recovery, Acronis True Image 2016 provides entire computer backup and bare-metal restore, and/or migration to new computers using a local hard drive. The new edition also brings back the 'try & decide' capability, providing a controlled, temporary environment to safely test new software, drivers, and system configurations.
For more information, a free trial, or to buy the new Acronis True Image solutions, visit http://www.acronis.com/en-us/personal/. Acronis True Image is also available at major retailers.