Earlier this year, Dot Com Infoway (DCI), an Indian provider of offshore IT outsourcing solutions, published an infographic peppered with convincing arguments why visual content enjoys priority in social media and gains popularity among digital marketers.
Venkatesh C. R., CEO of Dot Com Infoway explained: “For example, Facebook data shows that posts with visuals result in dramatic upswing in user engagement, YouTube’s colossal video stockpile has made it the second most popular search engine after Google, and retweets increase exponentially on Twitter when the tweet contains visual content.”
Not to mention that videos are going very strong on smartphones and are particularly en vogue on mobile devices. To no surprise, experts predict a sharp rise in video internet traffic, as well as an increase of branded video content, as videos manage to span the line between interactivity and brevity effortlessly.
DCI highlighted trends that point towards the shift towards video in its infographic that includes the following impressive statistics:
- Videos on social media are shared around 1,200% more often than texts and images together.
- Videos on landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- Marketers, who rely on video, can reach almost 50% faster revenue growth.
- By now, Facebook users watch almost 100 million hours of video content daily.
- 62% of Google's universal search include video content.
- Videos have a 50 times higher chance to get a good ranking on Google than just plain text.
- 93% of marketers are using videos in online marketing and sales.