It is well known that social media is the perfect way to increase the awareness of brands and products, besides connecting with the right target group.
But how can social media engagement and community management be quantified to improve the performance of a service offering?
Well, the following KPIs provide you with useful insights by trying to answer this question::
- Response time is one of the most important KPIs that can be used to measure the performance of support staff in numbers. From this, average times can be determined and - if necessary - work steps and other things can be optimized in order to better serve the customers and the goals of your company. For more complex customer concerns, it is advisable to offer a live chat in addition to the contact options via social media. This is more efficient, provides more accurate numbers, and improves customer service.
- Of course, it is important to respond quickly and to process inquiries efficiently. However, it is just as important to solve the problems in an organized and strategic manner so that the customer is satisfied. Companies should give their customers the opportunity to rate customer service after resolving a concern. If this rating is poor, ask a few follow-up questions to find out what went wrong. These satisfaction ratings, as average values per week or month, result in scores that help to improve the corresponding processes and methods and to increase customer satisfaction in general.
- In order to be more strategic to provide support more efficiently, it is advisable to track the activities of followers in social media per hour. That way, patterns in traffic can be recognized, which helps to better understand the target group. Companies can also use these evaluations to structure their teams and better split up the workload according to what needs to be done and when. They are also better prepared for followers' activities outside of normal office hours.
- One of the easiest ways to see customer opinions in numbers is by the sum of mentions of a company or brand. How many people interact with a company daily or hourly, and what do they say about it, becomes clear from customer reviews.
- How likely is it that customers would recommend a company to their family, friends, and acquaintances? According to various studies, promotions among friends is still one of the most effective marketing tools. For this reason, companies should provide the opportunity to answer this question on a scale of 1 to 10 after a purchase on the website (Net Promoter Score). This way they receive constant feedback and can incorporate the representation of the brand and the performance of customer support.
Obviously, the social media service market is constantly evolving, which puts useful tools in perspective that support companies in their effort of constantly improving their service offerings. So, ask the right questions and work hard on having the right answers.
By Daniela La Marca