Cyber-attacks are the greatest risk to a company’s operational capacity, as well as its revenue and brand value. With the digital transformation, and with it an acceleration of modern technology, there has been a vast increase of security issues that Chief Information Security Officers (CISO’s) have had to face. This is especially true for small to medium business, as these companies have accelerated straight through to the Cloud and experienced at full force all the new and developing related issues. Similar issues face larger corporations, but at differing degrees.
“96% of CISOs stated that they face well-organized cybercriminal attacks motivated by financial gain. Nearly 72% of them said adversaries are moving faster than they are, and a similar number (69%) say their adversaries have improved their attack capabilities in the last 12–18 months.” – CISO Mag
But a lot of CISO’s know the challenges they face, they just have so many that they can’t prioritize them, don’t know how to prioritize them, and are unable to solve the issues they face as they continue to rise. Therefore, many are turning to Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs) to help support them and their teams with security operations.
The right MSP should improve business efficiency by saving CISO’s time, by utilizing the right resources, and putting into action the services most appropriate for you. An MSSP can ensure that you are legally compliant, help mitigate threats, and reduce costly disaster repairs if attacked. But, most importantly, an MSSP will support your foundations, so that your business can keep on building and growing, without the constant worry that your security will cause its collapse, both from inside and from external threats.
The following eight questions discussed in this paper are some of the most asked questions by CISO’s that SecurityHQ receives and are based on challenges we have seen CISO’s deal with, have helped CISO’s overcome, and get asked daily from businesses around the world who are looking to increase their security posture:
1. Speed of Detection. How do I go from detection taking days/weeks even months, to seconds and minutes?
2. Speed of Response. How do I go from speed of response taking days/weeks even months, to seconds and minutes?
3. Round-the-Clock. How do I move from 9-5 monitoring, detection, and response to 24/7/365 monitoring, detection, and response? Why is it important?
4. Detect Complex Threats. How do I go from the detection of simple security events to the detection of complex and sophisticated events?
5. Skills and Expertise. How do I move from a team with a basic understanding of threats, to using highly skilled expertise?
6. Risk Visualized. I have zero visibility, but I want highly visual risk interpretations, how do I get these?
7. Governance of Sec Ops. How do I move from no/little standardization and lack of controls to complete OLA, SLA, KPI and metrics enforced?
8. Cost Certainty. How do I move from ad-hoc expenditure to clear operational costs?
For more details, please download the white paper.
By Eleanor Barlow, Content Manager, SecurityHQ