- Category: September 2014 - Search Engine Marketing
Publicis Groupe and Adobe announced a strategic partnership to deliver the Publicis Groupe Always-On Platform™, the first end-to-end marketing management platform from Publicis Groupe that automates and connects all components of a client’s marketing efforts.
For the first time in the industry, all agencies across Publicis Groupe will be able to create engaging content, access marketing intelligence, identify and build audience segments, deliver campaigns, and track and measure marketing performance through a unified technology and data structure.
The platform will be anchored in VivaKi as an open framework so that every agency can deploy and brand it uniquely for use. Agencies currently slated to access the system include BBH, DigitasLBi, Leo Burnett, MSLGROUP, Publicis Worldwide, Razorfish, Rosetta, Saatchi & Saatchi, Starcom MediaVest Group, VivaKi and ZenithOptimedia.
The collaboration is expected to drive growth across the two companies and accelerate Publicis Groupe’s goal to make combined digital and emerging market revenue 75% of its multi-billion dollar business by 2018.
“By embarking on this journey with Adobe, a powerhouse in creative and marketing solutions, Publicis Groupe will be the first agency holding company to offer clients an integrated set of digital marketing solutions across all key marketing and creative agencies,” said Maurice Levy, Chairman and CEO of Publicis Groupe. “We are solving a core marketing dilemma for our clients by enabling them to interact more personally with their customers and tell relevant, powerful stories at scale, while successfully navigating the complex digital landscape.”
The platform is scheduled to provide Publicis Groupe agencies and their clients with four solutions to solve current marketing challenges:
- Multi-touch Attribution. The Always-On platform will move the market beyond “last click” attribution, by providing options for a multi-touch model that identifies and assigns true value to specific marketing components – online and offline – that help spur customer action. Publicis Groupe agencies will be able to enhance their attribution and planning solutions with Adobe’s Master Marketing Profile and Media Mix Modeling, as well as Adobe Analytics, to measure the most effective touch-points across channels and model investments.
- Unparalleled Audience Understanding. Always-On encompasses a data management platform (DMP) which will produce a robust set of customer profiles, segmentations and vertical insights. VivaKi will also develop a data co-op where clients, and ultimately publishers, can opt in and contribute data in exchange for even richer customer profiles, vertical insights and customer intelligence. Adobe AudienceManager and Adobe Media Optimizer will drive optimal targeting and cross-channel campaign performance.
- Campaign/Marketing Automation. As screens and devices proliferate, Always-On is expected to automate marketing effort across multiple channels. With the goal of integrating Adobe Campaign with analytics and segmentation tools, the platform will empower Publicis Groupe agencies to drive campaign efficiency and engagement across the full customer journey, to reach audiences that matter at the highest moments of receptivity. The automated integration will allow all marketing functions to coordinate efforts by acting on the same data. This includes an agreement across the agencies for cross-channel campaign management for search and social buy side optimization through Adobe Media Optimizer.
- Content and Experience Management. The digital asset management capability within Adobe Experience Manager is expected to enable teams, wherever they sit inside the network, to easily and effectively create, manage and control valuable digital assets. From the moment an asset is created to the point of delivery, the platform will enable workgroups to create and manage assets through the entire lifecycle of global branding and multichannel distribution with a single, easily accessible digital repository.
“We are essentially creating a new operating model stitching together multi-agency services, technologies and workflows to the benefit of our clients,” said Stephan Beringer, VivaKi’s Chief Growth Officer. “By converging the forces of marketing technology, data, creativity and strategy, we eliminate silos, optimize delivery and maximize the investments made in ad budgets, talent and consumer engagement.”
Both Adobe and Publicis Groupe will invest in joint sales and marketing, including retaining a dedicated team of strategists and business development specialists to innovate and bring the platform to market.
“Adobe and Publicis Groupe are a powerful combination and we have been delivering marketing innovation together for more than two decades,” said Shantanu Narayen, President and CEO, Adobe. “The massive scale of agency services across the Publicis networks, coupled with Adobe's unique leadership in digital marketing solutions, will enable Publicis clients to develop best-in-class digital marketing capabilities that drive growth.”