- Category: December 2019 - AR & VR in Marketing
Although all AR headsets currently on the market are well-suited for trading and market data analysis, the financial community is waiting for new developments that are closer to normal eyewear in terms of design and comfort, allowing longer time of gestation.
Depending on the device manufacturer and the situation, gesture and speech recognition can be used, besides Bluetooth mice or a clicker to operate holographic objects. By using software editors to create three-dimensional order books, charts or volatility surfaces, the software can be transferred to any wearable device.
However, one of the core functions of AR-based trading and market data analysis platforms is the streaming of financial data from the capital markets. The result is a powerful tool that can customize any data feeds to an AR-supported virtual market data structure. As you can imagine, the collected and stored historical data comes from major US, European and Asian exchanges, whereas every single course change (tick data) is streamed live and can be precisely displayed and checked via the AR headset.
In general, trading and data analytics with AR support offer financial service providers a whole range of benefits:
- Efficient collaboration: customers and colleagues can collaborate on projects in a virtual conference room from any location in the world via videoconference; point-of-view capabilities enable monitoring and joint analysis of financial data, avoiding misunderstandings and helping in decision-making.
- Mobile work: a 360-degree view allows the user to literally work anywhere in the room.
- Higher productivity: the holographic display improves market data visualization - a key benefit for traders who need to make important decisions quickly based on data.
- Access to historical market data: users can track past market activity through the tick market replay feature, test strategies, and keep track of current market movements.
- Better informed at any time: integrated, real-time news feeds and multi-vendor financial information are combined in the same text view; live streaming of news channels is also supported.
- Effective training: by using AR financial technology, students and newcomers can use historical data and the market replay method to identify and analyze patterns to capture the financial market at a deeper level.
- More intuitive user interface: the viewing, analyzing, and handling of large amounts of complex data is getting easier.
- Higher display comfort: wireless AR headsets or AR goggles respectively replace multiple monitors installed in a fixed location; in addition, the size limitations of the displays of computers, mobile phones and tablets are eliminated.
Banks, investment- and hedge funds, FX brokerage houses, equity traders and stock exchanges are increasingly turning to AR technology to stay competitive. Though the driving force behind trading and data analytics via AR are currently still the individual traders, investors and advisers to financial institutions around the world are eying this, since an efficient cooperation via AR is a huge advantage for them.
By Daniela La Marca