- Category: April 2015 - Social Media
Whoever is active on the social media channels today, has to take into account the massive mobile usage in all activities.
The infographic of Unified (see below) contains some useful ‘facts and figures’ you might want to consider in your next presentation related to mobile and social. Besides, as a savvy marketer, you should be aware that the social advertising market is expected to grow to $11 billion by 2017, whereby mobile users become an ever more important target.
In fact, Unified highlights that mobile isn’t coming soon, but is already here, justifying this with the following arguments:
- In many countries, especially in Asia, consumers use mobile devices as their primary access point for social networks;
- Mobile page views on social networks are constantly going up;
- Around half of YouTube video now come from mobile;
- Global shipments of tablets will eclipse personal computers in 2015;
- Mobile Twitter users 79% more likely to be on Twitter several times a day;
- Mobile Pinterest usage increased 60x last year;
- 59% of Yelp searches come from mobile;
- Mobile users share content more often than desktop users, so they can extend content's reach while boosting engagement;
- Pinterest content is shared nearly 3x more often on mobile than desktop;
- Mobile users are 66% more likely to retweet;
- Facebook Fan page posts from mobile devices are 39% more engaging, etc.
To no surprise the provider of award-winning marketing cloud technology has been recently selected as a member of the Facebook® Marketing Partner program. Facebook Marketing Partners are companies that have clearly demonstrated unique capabilities that help marketers scale and achieve efficiency with Facebook marketing, and must demonstrate expertise and specialization.
By Daniela la Marca