- Category: September 2010
One trillion messages is equivalent to processing approximately 32,000 messages per second for every second in one year.
With the phenomenal global growth of mobile messaging, Sybase 365 has reached a paramount milestone, and is rapidly accelerating beyond it by currently processing more than 1.5 billion messages per day and reaching 4.5 billion subscribers around the world. While it took eight years to get to one trillion messages, based on current and expected traffic growth, Sybase 365 should hit the next trillion messages in 2012.
Consumer appetite and enterprise adoption of the mobile channel is fuelling this growth in volume, availability and sophistication of mobile services. According to the Sybase 365 Global Consumer Acceptance and Usage Report 2010, 70 percent of consumers were interested in additional mobile services.
“No other communication medium has the ability to reach more people than SMS - truly unprecedented in its scope,” said Marty Beard, President, Sybase 365. “What started primarily as a consumer phenomenon has now moved squarely into the enterprise. Financial institutions, retailers, consumer packaged goods companies and many other enterprises are increasingly leveraging mobile messaging for marketing, customer relationship management, payments and mobile commerce. This trend will only accelerate."
As mobile messaging volumes grow, having a reliable, scalable messaging backbone to deliver mobile services is vital, and Sybase 365 continues to provide greater levels of service and functionality to its customers, helping them maximize and expand service offerings to their subscribers and consumers, and to increase revenue and margins.
In addition to providing unrivalled messaging between 900 mobile operators on the industry’s most extensive, private, operator-grade network, Sybase 365 offers innovative value-added services including:
- Sybase 365® Intelligent Routeback solution – On behalf of operator customers, Sybase 365 selects the most cost effective and high quality SMS routes, via hub or bilateral delivery, to an SMS interworking roaming partner destination, anywhere in the world. Leveraging the best in class services of origin based routing and number resolution system (NRS) to optimize messaging traffic flows, the service decreases complexity, improves quality and increases revenues for mobile operators.
- Next generation Mobile IP services – Sybase®IPX 365™ is a comprehensive suite of IP services and connectivity options that provide global data roaming (GRX), voice transport (both on-net and off-net), SS7 signaling transport, MMS, and SMS.
- Sybase®Operator Analytics 365 - leverages the world leading Sybase IQ technology to offer a unique solution that allows operators to quickly and easily analyze information on their messaging traffic.
- Mobile Marketing and mCRM services help enterprises engage with their customers at every point in the customer life cycle. From creating awareness to enabling purchases, supporting the consumer post-purchase and driving customer retention.
- End-to-end Mobile Commerce solutions introduce a new channel in both developed and emerging markets, to interact with customers and introduce new service offerings such as micropayments, bill pay, mobile banking, payments for goods and services, mobile money transfer, and mobile airtime top-up.